Exciting scientific breakthrough inre to chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by woodmort, Apr 1, 2012.

1. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Buffalo NY: Mayor, Loof Lirpa, has announced a new scientific breakthrough that will put this city on the map for years to come. Scientists at the University of East Buffalo have developed a way of splicing a gene which will cause a chicken to produce three sets of wings rather than a single one. By taking the wing producing gene from the common house fly and splicing it to that of the like gene in a normal Rhode Island Red, they have been able to hatch sextet-winged chickens. These birds will triple the number of wings that can be produce in a given amount of space thus creating more wings for the City’s famous sauce. While this process has not been released for public use due to protests from food safety organizations, the University expects USDA, FDA and CDC approval soon. As Lirpa says. “The people that eat these wings aren’t concerned about food safety anyway so what’s the holdup?”

In related research: A biologist at the University of California at Anaheim has been having mixed results with splicing the gene that helps a gecko regenerate its tail to a Barred Rock chicken. This splicing has produced a chicken that will regrow its wings once the original pair has been harvested. While the regeneration process seems to be working, the growth rate is currently so slow that it is faster to simply hatch more chickens. However, the biologists are hoping to speed up the process by adding a mayfly gene to the mix. Keep your eyes open for any updates.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Woodmort, you have too much time on your hands. [​IMG]

3. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    [​IMG]

Perfect news story for today!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. BusyBlonde