Excuses for Hubby......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by spowell, Oct 26, 2011.

1. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    OK....... I was just wondering..... This post is not about me [​IMG] I am posting for a friend....yea [​IMG] Here is the situation.... I, She, promised DH not to hatch any more chicks [​IMG] Right now SHE has about 4 dozen in the bator. What have some of you told DH when chicks hatch or just show up? SHE would love to hear any excuses you have gotten away with. And, I'm sure the ones you didn't get away with are even better, so don't leave those out. SHE definitely needs to know what not to use. [​IMG] So share your creative bend on the truth [​IMG]

2. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Excuses for Hubby: "I want our girls to grow up rural like I did."

or

"Just look at that little, bitty, chicky face!"

or

"9 more eggs, really is just probably 5 more chickens if you consider the hatch rate being 80%, but it could be lower, in fact I bet none of them hatch."

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

whats DH stand for

4. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:Your "friend" better come up with something quick. Like... "What was I supposed to do? Just throw them away without giving them a chance?"

5. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    They probably won't hatch.

I can't afford the prices they charge for chicks of this breed. Breeder chickens are so much better than hatchery chickens.

I paid all this money for the incubator, I have to get my money's worth.

Hatching rates are really low on shipped eggs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  6. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:Darling Hubby or as my daughter thought D**m Hubby

7. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Dear hubby. Dumb*** hubby.

_______________ hubby. Fill in the word of your choice at the moment that starts with d.

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    This post is to funny. I love it. I am lucky my DH lets me hatch when I want. Good luck friend

9. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:All are good except the last one..... that's the batch I'm worried about, I put 29 shipped eggs in the bator 12 days ago and have only had to toss 2 so far. I ordered so many thinking I might get half. I know, anything can still happen. But, by now, I have usually had to toss quite a few. [​IMG]

Good suggestions so far, keep them coming!!!!

10. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

Hubby doesn't know for sure how many I have so smuggling in a few more is ok. - These aren't new, we've had them a while, are you just noticing NOW!

The mother chicken abandoned the eggs and they would have died if you hadn't intervened.

What eggs?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by