Exhibition American Serama

edgarmongold

Songster
12 Years
Apr 16, 2011
This thread is for discussing table top judging, in coop judging, score card evaluation and breeding American Serama to ABA recognized color descriptions.

Anything else can be discussed at the "American Serama" thread.

Some of the classes that will have awards up for them at CrossRoads and the OH National.

White American Serama and White Frizzled American Serama

AOC American Serama Cock
AOC American Serama Hen
AOC American Serama Cockerel
AOC American Serama Pullet

Champion and Reserve AOV - Booted, AOC Frizzled, Silkied and Malaysian Serama.

So come enjoy the fun and have a learning experience as both will have both In Coop as well as Table Top Judging!

White River Poultry Show
Spencer, IN Fairgrounds

September 3, 2011

There will be table top judging and in coop judging of Serama.

The Green River Poultry Show in KY will have a SCNA sanctioned show.

Also the Blue Grass Poultry Show in KY will have a SCNA sanctioned show.

Both will have table top judging as well as In Coop judging.

Edgar, is "character", which is 25 points of the total score, judged only during table top judging?

How would the perfect bird behave to obtain a perfect score in character?

thumbsup.gif
Great thread Edgar!!!

I have a question about white Serama.... the only ABA accepted color...

What do we do with these white offspring of other than white parents?? Can we truly call them "white"?

Character would also be showing proper stance when posed during In Coop judging.

Keep in mind that during In Coop judging birds are judged by comparison so posing well would be an asset.

Birds are judged in open poultry shows as what they appear to be when shown so if the bird is white it would be judged as white.

Quote:
The bird would have to stir the right amount of sugar into Edgar's coffee, and blow on it until it's potable!!!

Anyway, good show today in Indiana. I'll post pics of the open and youth champs tomorrow.

31816_img_2627.jpg

31816_img_2626.jpg

These are the big winners of yesterday's show in Spencer, Indiana. The Junior champ has such a long tail that I couldn't fit it in the picture!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom