Exhibition quality Ameraucana/Faverolles/GC Marans cockerels- Houston

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pasofinofarm, Jun 22, 2008.

1. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    I am free ranging my extra cockerels to processing weight this year. I am seeing several that are going to be truly exhibition quailty birds and just hate to process them. They are Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, Salmon/Blue Salmon Faverolle and Golden Cuckoo Marans. There are about 30+ birds to choose from. If you are planning to raise any of these breeds/varieties this is your opportunity to get a great Rooster without having to spend a fortune in time, energy and feed.

Come on out to the farm and take a look.

Melissa

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Oh I wish I would come pick up an ameraucana or fav [​IMG] I wish I were close to any of these great deals I guess I will just stick with starting my new breeding project of BBS ameraucanas.

Henry

3. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    Good grief Henry! I was just looking at you list of breeds... great minds think alike, eh? Seems like a could turn all your hens into producing trios pretty quick... but alas, the distance is a problem. Oh well maybe someone down here is the hot and humid south is just waiting for the "perfect" Roo.

Be Blessed,
    Melissa

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    hey its pretty dang hot and humid here I know !!! It is to tempting to get a blue wheaten ameraucan roo, a delaware roo, a faverrole roo, and a marans roo [​IMG] I think I am ending up getting a whole diffrent breed though I am going to try and get a breeding trio of blue/ black/ splash ameraucana started up by the end of the summer! I am hoping to try and keep the rooster quite It may not happen though depends on the neighbors [​IMG] I might tell them it is just an experiment and not get to atached and send him to auction if he is to loud [​IMG]

Thanks wish I were more south and in the country !!

Henry

5. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Umm, you won't happen to visiting Idaho soon, will you? You'd be really, really invited! We could arrange the BEST mountain trail ride while you were here, too--my husband and I train for a farm with over 150 Paso Finos. Come on!

6. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    I would be interested in a Faverolle if you could sell a pullet with one. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by