Exhibition Turkey Fanciers

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by HallFamilyFarm, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    A small group of folks are working on the creation of the Exhibition Turkey Fanciers. A Breed Club for Turkeys. There are over 50 color varieties of Turkeys, yet only eight are recognized in the Standard. We are asking all breeders/exhibitors of Turkeys to help us create this new Breed Club. Your input is much needed.

Jim A. Hall
    Exhibition Turkey Fanciers

Exhibition Turkey Fanciers, a Breed Club for Turkeys, has a new website!

http://exhibitionturkeyfanciers.bravehost.com

Visit it today!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. Corona~Barb

Corona~Barb Wing Shadow Farm Premium Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Glad I can be a part of this group. Hopefully will be relocating in a year or so where I can have more pens and more TURKEYS!! I love' em.

Corona~Barb

3. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    We currently have two other forums that are fairly active. It is not my desire to pull away from BYC. We want as many BYCers to get involved in exhibition Turkeys as possible.

How many are taking their Turkeys to their county fair? State Fair?

That is exhibition. Only two turkeys were shown at the Arkansas State Fair;s Spring Livestock Show. The Champion Turkey won $100 and Reserve $50. $150 to one exhibitor with a pair of Bourbon Reds. That could be you!

Please post your thoughts. Please don't come onto the other sites we are using. Stay on BYC and talk Turkey! BYC is a great place for all of us Turkeys!

4. SaraF

SaraF In the Brooder

Jul 10, 2010
    Ohio
    I Show at the Warren County Fair and the Ohio State Fair. Turkeys have always been my thing, never really had it for chickens.
    I have a Royal Palm Tom, about 7 years old now! He is absolutely the Standard. The most straight black feathers I've seen. I show him every year at the County Fair, and we always win Grand Champion in the Breeding. He is to old to show at the State Fair sadly, but we will be showing at the Ohio National in November hopefully.

Just this year he has produced 7 beautiful babies. they are about 3 months now and having the same color as their father, they are going to be showing agianst their father next year in the county fair and representing the breeding turkeys at the state fair. More people should get involved with showing turkeys! It's a blast and you can breed up your own herds just like chickens.

I'll see if I can post some pictures of him for everyone to see.

5. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    [​IMG]

6. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Thanks to a friend, we now have a young pair of Royal palm turkeys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by