Exhibiton/show black bantam cochin eggs for sale ...SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Our exhibition black bantam cochin hens have finally started laying after their molt. They are artificially inseminated twice a week right in addition to being in the coop with their "man". Because we show them we don't clip their vent feathers...and because they are so heavily feathered fertility would be lower if we did not AI. Prior to the first insemination I put 18 eggs in my bator and have 12 growing babies from those 18. Now that I have started AI'ing them, fertility should be 100%.

Below are photos of our cockbird and a few of our hens. One of our hens, Diva, won Best Featherfoot and competed for Best in Show (bantams) last month as the Gold Coast Classic. She also won Reserve Open Champion of Class, Best of Breed and Best of Variety. Honestly, in our coop you cannot pick her out from the other hens unless you look at her legband. I say this because all the hens are show quality and will be entered in the ABA National Bantam Show in January in Lake City.

These cochins are all Otes Ray line. We have not introduced any outside line...they are just fabulous.

Please post "sold" if you are interested and PM me. PayPal only for freshest eggs. Paypal email is [email protected].

Thanks, all....

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
  2. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    does that include shipping?

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    No..shipping is $10.00. I will add as many extras as I can...it could be up to 6 extras. The girls are laying well right now!

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ive never noticed any other breed with red around the eyes like that. Is that in the Standard?

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yes, it's the standard. Take a look at some show breeders web pages for pics. The color will vary just like wattle tissue color varies. Sometimes it's quite red...many time just a medium pink.

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    So not fair! I have a Nice Splash Bantam Rooster that needs some girls! And me sitting here out of work with no money for eggs.

DANG!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Well you learn something new every day. They are purdy!

8. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:I will agree with oldtimegator. I have standard and bantam cochins, and they both have the red around the eye's like that. Some are redder than other's though. My black bantam hen is very red around her eye's.

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yeah...the black's are much redder than the mottled's or the white's...or the barred's.

10. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Gorgeous birds, no money for eggs right now though. I am also hoping to stop hatching soon till I get my own eggs coming from my Cochins. I hope I am able to actually stop though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by