Exibition Chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by CCCCCCCCHICKENS, Dec 3, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    My favorite catergory of chickens are exbition chickens. I love rare and unusual or not everyday ordinary day chickens. I mainly like them because of their unique colors, feathers, and body features. Some of my favorite breeds are americanas, silkies, cochins, aracanas, and theres quite a few others. I wish i had an aracana hen. I like most fuzzy feet chickens. List some of your favorite Exibition breeds.[​IMG]

2. ellie32526

ellie32526 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Where is a good place to purchase good show quaality birds?

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

I particularly love my"oddball"pen of bantam cochins, frizzles, silkies, DeUccles, one EE who thinks she is a bantam.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. aussie pete

aussie pete Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2012
    welcome to BYC [​IMG]

cheers Aussie Pete

6. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

hi and welcome to the flock

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, CCCCCCCCCCHICKENS, and [​IMG]! I would think it would be tough to remember how many "c's" you have in your username! Good luck to you and your show birds!!

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I get a lot of my chickens from adds on cragslist, the free ad paper, the peddlers post, farm stores, and shows i attend.
    If you get chickens from cragslist, the free ad paper, the peddlers post,and show that you go to is you know what you are getting, which is nice especially if you interested in a creatain breed or group of birds.
    But if your chickens from a farm store you might get some good show qualitiy exbition birds and you might get some layers and you might get some meat birds but it is fun this way because you get a variety and you get to be suprised.
    Hope this helped

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ya it is kind of hard to remember, i couldnt think of anything else. I also thought it had to be chicken related. I was goign to change it but i dont know how. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by