Exotic Bird and Animal Auction, Fergus Falls or Barnesville?

CountryGal7557

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 16, 2011
Exotic Bird and Animal Auction for 2012

Has anyone heard if this will be held in Fergus Falls this year or back to Barnesville? and do you have a date and listing?

I don't know about that auction (yet
wink.png
) but there is one in Pierz on March 30 and 31, in Perham on April 14, Hutchinson is April 21 and Long Prairie is May 5.

What kind of animals do they sell at these auctions?

I've always wanted to go, but I never knew what was sold.
Is it more of farm animals or are there other exotic pet birds?

Is there anything special you are looking for?
I've only been to the Pierz one in the last couple of years and the Long Prairie one (of course being as I live there, but LP is a fairly small one and usually doesn't have a whole lot). The Pierz one is two days with hoofed stock on Friday and birds and miscellaneous on Saturday. There is an $8.00 seating charge both days. I usually just go on Saturday but I've heard and seen some of the hoofed stock that was sold there. Last year there was a zedonk (zebra/donkey cross) that wasn't picked up yet so was still there to see on Saturday-neat looking fella. There are usually Longhorns and Scottish Highlanders, Llamas, Pot Belly pigs, sheep and a ton of goats. This year there are special consignments of donkeys and longhorns. Also consigned are a couple of Dexter calves and 10 male Llamas for the hoofed stock. Then there are peafowl, ringneck doves and 4 Eastern African Crowned Cranes already consigned for birds. There is usually alot of chickens and ducks (and chicks this time of year) with quite a few peafowl, pheasants, doves, and a ton of rabbits. On Saturday the sale starts at 8:00 with alot of miscellaneous (old cages, wire, incubators, dog houses, etc., whatever junk anyone brings in to get rid of) and they usually don't get to the birds until around 10:00. They then sell house birds (parrots, love birds, finches, etc.), then chicks, then the rest as they were consigned. Both days are usually very long days.

You can always call the sales manager with questions if you want. His name is Vern Pautsch and his number is 320-396-2025, his e-mail is [email protected]. I think he would send you out a flyer if asked.

Where are the auctions held in Fergus Falls and Perham? I can't seem to find any info on them at all!

They are held at the sale barns. The barn in Fegus Falls is west of town, behind Walmart, I believe. I don't know his last name but the contact I have for this sale is Wayne at 701-238-6820. The Perham sales barn is east of town and Vern Pautsch is the manager of this one, his number is 320-396-2025, his e-mail is [email protected]. He manages Pierz, Perham and Long Prairie.

Is there anything special you are looking for?
I've only been to the Pierz one in the last couple of years and the Long Prairie one (of course being as I live there, but LP is a fairly small one and usually doesn't have a whole lot). The Pierz one is two days with hoofed stock on Friday and birds and miscellaneous on Saturday. There is an $8.00 seating charge both days. I usually just go on Saturday but I've heard and seen some of the hoofed stock that was sold there. Last year there was a zedonk (zebra/donkey cross) that wasn't picked up yet so was still there to see on Saturday-neat looking fella. There are usually Longhorns and Scottish Highlanders, Llamas, Pot Belly pigs, sheep and a ton of goats. This year there are special consignments of donkeys and longhorns. Also consigned are a couple of Dexter calves and 10 male Llamas for the hoofed stock. Then there are peafowl, ringneck doves and 4 Eastern African Crowned Cranes already consigned for birds. There is usually alot of chickens and ducks (and chicks this time of year) with quite a few peafowl, pheasants, doves, and a ton of rabbits. On Saturday the sale starts at 8:00 with alot of miscellaneous (old cages, wire, incubators, dog houses, etc., whatever junk anyone brings in to get rid of) and they usually don't get to the birds until around 10:00. They then sell house birds (parrots, love birds, finches, etc.), then chicks, then the rest as they were consigned. Both days are usually very long days.

You can always call the sales manager with questions if you want. His name is Vern Pautsch and his number is 320-396-2025, his e-mail is [email protected]. I think he would send you out a flyer if asked.

I was REALLY suprised how cheaply those cranes went, but they were full winged. I think they would have brought more if they would have been pinioned.

Back
Top Bottom