Expanding the Flock! **Pics Added**

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The time has finally come, we will be heading out to a friends house this morning to start bringing home her flock of Muscovies. I am oping for an easy capture/transport for the birds [​IMG] . There's a couple girls brooding so I will have to wait to pick them up but just about everyone else will be coming to their new home today.

Nearly all of these are Grandparents, parents or siblings to my own flock so I am VERY excited to welcome them in! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. neverbdone

neverbdone Songster

Dec 9, 2008
    Lake Isabella, CA
    Congrats Bleenie! I just sold a pair of my Muscovies and I'm getting 24 baby chicks Thursday. Got to love the duckies though.

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWWWW! Family reunion! oh that just sounds amazing!! Good luck! Cant wait to see pictures!

4. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Songster

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Woohoooooooo! I'm so excited for you Hon!! Can't wait to see photos :)

Michelle

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Okay so here is the first group that came home. We are going to wait a while before we get more, they were pretty freaked out and I want to make sure i get them in the best way possible, like the ones that are bonded and such [​IMG]. We did bring home another Drake today but someone I know has been looking fro a while and she came down and got some eggs and a drake from me after we got back, He was a very handsome blue boy & he will now have 3 girls all for himself [​IMG]

Here is Sophie(black pied), Lenny(blue white head), Donny(black drake) & Lenny's Baby(silver baby girl!). Sophie was 2 days Broody so we decided to toss the eggs she had but since the car ride was only about 10 minutes (and i started to feel bad) I did make her a new "nesty" spot with about 13 fresh eggs in it. So if she wants to, she can still go broody and have some babies. 2 girls are on nests at their current home so I will have to bring them home AFTER the babies hatch [​IMG] lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWWW! I have a black drake that look similar, solid black except for 2 white feathers in the wings. My Big "dad' drake is part feral, with the black and red mask as well. I LOVE that little blue female! She is so cute!

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

She is so very adorable, she did have a "twin" brother but something happened to him about a week ago [​IMG] . They weren't quite sure if the 2 mommas got into it over them or if something else got ahold of him. I am sure there will be plenty more cuties in the 2 clutches that are cookin' right now though, lol. I believe the mommas are Blue & Blue Fawn. Sophie's nest had 18 eggs in it so I am a little worried about the amount of babies i will be ending up with, lol.

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    You get all those babies too?!?!? We will definantly need ALOT of pics of those cuties.

9. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chirping

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    I'm so jealous! lol .. Think im gonna have to tell my husband u got lots of muscovys and i have only got one!, it aint fair lol

10. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Crowing

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Very pretty! Look at that wagging tail! Your black drake looks wonderful with nice coloring and carnuncles. Is he show stock?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: