1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Livinzoo, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Here is the link for the due date spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvA32gxuAuc1dDhOam9GZ293bTNyRmpLYXJ3eFVTNXc&hl=en#gid=0

Well
    since the other thread got closed at the OP's request. I figured I'd start a new one for those of us currently expecting and those in the future that find them self expecting. I will not close this one when my pregnancy is over or when the thread has turned a year old. So all that wish to use this thread to document your pregnancy please do.

I'm due with my first on Dec 28. It is a girl. I have placenta previa and are hoping that the placenta moves so I can have a natural birth. I will have my next ultrasound on Sept 29th to check placental positioning.

How about all of you?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Well, I can't officially join you yet, but I'm getting my IUD out next Tuesday, so maybe soon!!! [​IMG]

3. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    Thanks Livinzoo I was a little surprised to see the other thread locked. There are several people like you whom I like to hear from although I already had my baby. I like to check in and see how you guys are doing. One way to get new folks or those now left out of the old thread is to post this thread often so that they can find you.

4. gpamela3499

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    littlefarm_bighappy Last week Oct (dates are guesses)
    Birdgirl Nov 17
    Southernbelle - November 28
    Livinzoo December 28
    Mandalina Jan 1st
    JJchiknshak Jan 3rd
    Noble Rooster Jan 8
    BlueRoseMama Feb

Here are a few of the ladies from the other thread that might want to join you.

5. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Hi

I am not an expectant Mom. Though sometimes I do get a wee bit broody !!!!!!!
    I am the mother of 4 kids - I have 3 boys and one girl. The boys were all Premature and two of them are twins who need a bit more special care, (so I kind of cheated a bit having two at once ) I had 4 babies under 3 and a half years old and all in nappies. So it was hard hard work but certainly well worth it. But that was onver 20 yrs ago!!!!
    Now I have one boy who is 25 yrs old, the twins are 23 and my daughter is 21. I wanted to encourage you all as you start your journey into motherhood!!!!!!!!!!

I am starting mine into Grandmotherhood! Yeah my Dd had our first grandchild on 18th August so I am a bit late to put her down as an expectant mom. But I can show pictures. This is Jessica Louise I hope the first of many to come!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck to all of you!!!! Why don;t you keep this thread going as your kids come along and start to grow. You can be a good support network for each other and as I baby mind Jessica most of the week now I may even look in as well from time to time??? That is if you don;t mind thread crashing Granny's!!!!- [​IMG]

Oesdog - [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  6. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Thanks Pam. I was going to go hunt the list of due dates but haven't had time. I'm working full time still, trying to prep my old house for sale and getting the farm together on top of all the daily animal chores. I think I'm going to have to slow down soon. LOL I'm also turning 32 tomorrow. So I'm an older first time mother. And we plan on having 2 more after Rhiannon.

oesdog- she is beautiful. How proud you must be!!

Springchickens- I hope you get to join us soon. It took me over a year to conceive, which finally happened with clomid and IUI. Good Luck!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I had placenta previa with my 3rd and it resolved itself. As the uterus grows, the placenta moves with it and unblocks the cervix. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I'm 30 weeks along with my 4th (boy) this time around. I've got the boys' room painted, the crib set up, changing table set up, all the cloth diapers washed, all the linens and blankets washed and folded, bought a new carseat, bought an outfit for the hospital pictures and I just washed all the baby clothes. Now I've got to organize the clothes in the dresser and see if I need to buy any socks or onesies.

Had a Dr's appt yesterday - baby is happy and healthy and so am I. I finally gained my 1st pound over my pre-pregnancy weight. (I never gain weight when I'm pregnant for some reason.) Baby was breech at 20 wk ultrasound and is still breech now at 30 weeks. He's in the exact same position my 2nd baby was in 9 years ago and I had to have an external version done to force him head down. My Dr isn't worried, she seems to think he has plenty of time to shift on his own, but I think he's going to be stubborn. I will do anything to avoid a C-section.

8. ebwy2

ebwy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Quote:I had my first baby this year and I'm older than you [​IMG]

9. littlefarm_bighappy

littlefarm_bighappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm barely 35 [​IMG] and have hit 33 weeks!!!
    My doc was VERY happy this week. We have crossed some major lines.... no PE/bad BP/ protein spilles yet.

My last pregnancy ended in a placental abruption, stillbirth, HELLP syndrome, cortical blindness for me for 2 weeks (can't tell you what going blind was like) and a brain injury. My "midwives" made light of all the major signs that led up to this horrific event.

We have been monitoring this pregnancy like crazy (stress tests 2X a week, weekly ultrasounds) It's great, the baby girl is growing, I feel well.

I am off work for bedrest though. I can still do housework, meals, and chores, but bedrest the rest of the time.

Oh, and I have to take lovenox- a twice daily shot I give myself- due to Anticardiophospholipid syndrome. After I was diagnosed with this I was amazed because it is genetic, and sure explains a lot of family issues I see in my aunties!!!

Take care and happy baby dust to all!!!
    PS- This is my 5th child. I only have 2 living.

10. gpamela3499

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    Hi Happy, ebwy, belle, We need to find mandalina, and some of the others.

She sure is a cutie dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by