Expecting chicks * and their here with Pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Caddy-Corner-Chick, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Songster

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    Well Tomorrow should be the day I get the call from the post office to pick up my babies and I am soooooo excited. This is my first order from Ideal or ordering from a hatchery. I normally would buy from the feed store or a local person. Well my only fret is that I did not receive an email from Ideal stating that my babies were shipped. I called them and confirmed they did indeed ship my babies out yesterday ... she told me I would receive an email that evening, which I didn't but I still have high hopes everything is fine and the babies are on the way tomorrow.
    I was dreaming about picking them up last night..lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Congratulations on the soon arriving new chicks!

Check your spam folder, the email may have gone there. Also check to make sure you gave them the right email address, ordering chicks could make one nervous! [​IMG]

Now, get the brooder all set up! Then chew your nails up to your elbows, call the P.O. every 15 minutes to make sure they ALL know to call you and have the correct number, pace the house, check the brooder setup again, add the fourth thermometer..... you get my drift.

[​IMG]

3. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Songster

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    [​IMG] Are you spying on me???

I set up the complete set up last night, been checking my emails every 10 mins, called the post office already twice the past couple days.. but a total of 3 times all together.
    I am pacing in anticipation right now... Can't wait to see my babies.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Quote:X2

5. paceysgl5

paceysgl5 Chirping

Jan 20, 2011
    Taunton,MA
    Hmm interesting, i'm pretty sure Ideal ships on Tuesday and Wednesday, and depending on where you are you could receive them Wed-Fri. I don't think I've heard of any Ideal shipments on Monday? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would assume they are being shipped today and you may get them tomorrow or Thursday. Either way, GL with your new babies and be sure to post pics!!

6. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    I actually had some ship out Monday last week. I got an email Sunday evening. My email did go to my Spam folder though...

Have fun with your babies! I'm expecting another shipment to ship out tomorrow, so I have been checking my email all morning, just hoping that they ship out today! LOL!

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Ideal ships on Wednesdays. You should get an shipment email tomorrow and they should arrive Friday.

8. Frankenshine

Frankenshine In the Brooder

Feb 6, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Not always - mine shipped on a Tuesday, but were scheduled to ship on a Wed.

9. debid

debid Crowing

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    From Ideal's website:

SHIPPING DATES: During the months of February through May, IDEAL will be shipping poultry Sunday through Wednesday. IDEAL hatches 52 weeks each year and most shipments will be made on Tuesday and Wednesday during the remaining months.

I'd trust the person you spoke with at Ideal that they shipped yesterday.

So exciting!​

10. jswalker

jswalker In the Brooder

Feb 28, 2011
    OTP
    So exciting!!! Congrats on your new babies! I hope you get them soon!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: