Experience with denagard?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tay_boe, Jul 22, 2011.

1. tay_boe

tay_boe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    I've heard Denagard can prevent CRD. I'm interested in purchasing some if it can prevent the disease. I like to go to the chicken swaps and auctions and I have brought home adult birds before, but I always worry about exposing my birds to something even though I have a quarantine pen a nice distance from my other pens. So does anyone have any experience with this medication? Is it something you would recommend?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I've never used denegard, I have a closed flock. From what I've read about it, it is used for swine but can be used in chickens. There isnt any resistance to it nor withdrawal...something you wont find in treating respiratory diseases with antibiotics. That alone is worth recommending, especially no resistance to it. It'll save time and money in the long run by not having to buy different antibiotics due to bacterial resistance. It can be purchased from QC Supply, but i dont know how much it costs.

3. tay_boe

Aug 27, 2010
    It's in the $40 neighborhood plus shipping. Not bad considering it is prevention. And I could imagine it would save $. I was just wanting to see what people had to say about it. Thanks for the reply.

4. tay_boe

Aug 27, 2010
    Quote:Hey where are you located in SE GA?

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Hey where are you located in SE GA?

Camden County, just north of Jacksonville on the border with Florida.

6. tay_boe

Aug 27, 2010
    Does anyone have any input?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by