Experienced chicken people, help please!

quacksandclucks

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2016
Kentucky
I am new to owning chickens, my grandparents had them for a long time and i eventually (from a series of unfortunate flogging events) became pretty anxious around roosters. :lol: :/ and well, pretty much all chickens. But i decided to try my hand at raising some chicks in hopes that they may not dislike me. So far so good! They are 5 weeks old today and boy do they have such unique personalities! Anyway, my favorite (shh, dont tell the others) just might be a rooster. Im really not sure. It isnt the least bit afraid of being held in fact it seems excited to greet people and stretches its neck up to say 'hi!' All the time! It is calm and cool and collected. Unlike some of my others. I originally only wanted hens since i know nothing about breeding chickens. Im wondering if it is a hen or roo and also what kind of chicken it is as well. If i remember correcetly when buying from RK it was in a bin labeled isa brown but im not sure if i have it confused with another of my chickens.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

We're glad you joined us!

Hmm. It's kinda hard to tell on this one. I'm leaning more towards pullet, but try posting this in the "What breed or gender is this?" forum. I'm sure you'll get a lot more helpful responses there.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom