1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Expert Opinions Required!! Mr. and Mrs. Leggs are U.F.O.'s (Unidentified Flapping Objects)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickN'ChaseR, Sep 9, 2012.

1. ChickN'ChaseR

ChickN'ChaseR Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    So, I think these two are a male and female..the shorter one without all the roostery feathers and the reddish eyes I do believe is a female (Mrs. Leggs) and the one with the lovely chocolate brown eyes, and the shiny pointed roostery feathers I am sure is a boy. (Mr. Leggs) These are both out of the "PULLET BIN" at Tractor supply at the end of the chicken season this year. I bought these when I was curious about what sort of chicken breed they were, when I asked the lady in charge of the live animals, she informed me very knowledgeably that they were in fact, "CHICKENS"! So, I would like to get beyond the fact that they are unquestionably chickens...if any at all can impart some wisdom as to what BREED of chickens they might be? Thank you in advance for the help identifying my critters! :) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. bloonskiller911

bloonskiller911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2012
    Brookville, Indiana
    i don't see them

3. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    Sorry the pics didnt post :( im getting them now i hope

4. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    I had thought at first maybe they were Orpington or Brahma when they were little...but now they don't resemble any pictures of any chickens that I can find..

6. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    Blue Cochins

7. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    Hmm...I thought Cochins were alot fluffier than these 2 are, I have 3 Bantam cochins and they have very feathery backsides...these are very tall when they walk around and kind of skinny frames like a leghorn.

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Langshans? Do they come in blue?

I agree not cochin, or of such a poor quality they might as well not be.

9. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    Could you get a pic of the chicken standing up by itself? I thought it did look poofy, just feathers "squished" by being held. Would like to see it from the side so I could see what it looks like that way.

10. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    They look like Hatchery quality Blue Cochins to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by