Experts assemble! What sex/breed do I have?

dougs280z

Hatching
May 7, 2015
Disregard the Silkies because I think it will be a while before I can properly sex them. I lost track of what we have now, but there should be some Asian Blues, Rhode Island Red's (I think the white ones were sold as RIR which I dont believe they are), Black copper maran, and I'm not sure what else. I'm new to this so I'm just trying to narrow down the pullets. Thanks.

Disregard the Silkies because I think it will be a while before I can properly sex them. I lost track of what we have now, but there should be some Asian Blues, Rhode Island Red's (I think the white ones were sold as RIR which I dont believe they are), Black copper maran, and I'm not sure what else. I'm new to this so I'm just trying to narrow down the pullets. Thanks.

IF you have Asian blues that is what this would be and I'm leaning towards pullet.

This one is most definitely a cockerel and looks like a White Plymouth rock.

I don't know the breed but it most likely is not a red-sex link because the males are white and I think this fellow is a cockerel.

I'm not sure on breed but it is a cockerel

Same as the other white one.

I don't know the breed but it is a cockerel

Asian Blue, pullet.

Cornish cross meat bird or White Rock, probably a cockerel.

White Silkie and Asian Blue.

Cornish cross or White Rock cockerel.

Production Red (hatchery Rhode Island Red),cockerel.

Probably a Black Copper Marans, cockerel.

White Rock or Cornish cross, cockerel.

Not sure about breed, but definitely a cockerel.

Last edited:
Why does everyone think this is a cockerel? Just curious. The other ones I was leading towards the same answer, but this one I was believing to be a pullet.

Why does everyone think this is a cockerel? Just curious. The other ones I was leading towards the same answer, but this one I was believing to be a pullet.
Its comb and wattles are too large for a pullet of this age. Also, it has a rather masculine appearance, with thick legs and a certain "eye" that cockerels seem to have.

Back
Top Bottom