1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Explain ovation

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LipsChicks, Jan 11, 2015.

1. LipsChicks

LipsChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2014
    North Dakota
    Can someone out there explain how to give and receive ovations? I see I have one but do t know how to look at it or to give one and the reason for giving them.

1 person likes this.
  2. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
    The thumbs up is the ovation

1 person likes this.
  3. LipsChicks

LipsChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2014
    North Dakota
    By the way, my last name is Ova.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    If someone likes a post you make, agrees with it, finds it helpful, etc they can give you an "ovation" by clicking the tumbs up at the bottom of the post - they can then also include a note by typing in the text box that will pop up when they click the thumb. You can view the ovations in a couple of ways - you can click the down arrow next to the number that will be next to the thumbs up button once a post has an ovation (number will increase with additional ovations for that post) or you can go to your profile page (click your user name in the upper right corner of the page) and read the ovations there by clicking on "ovation" in the menu that is on the left side below your avatar picture on that page.

3 people like this.
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that either! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by