Express BQ lost in mail!

spotsplus

Songster
11 Years
Sep 29, 2008
Tarboro, NC
I can't believe the USPS!
I shipped out a juvenile button quail hen in a approved shipping box via overnight gaurenteed Express and still 4 days later- no hen! Both myself and the buyers are very concerned! Luckily I put an apple and seeds along with straw for warmth. I hope she makes it!

Yay! Got a call from the buyer today that the little hen showed up this AM 5 days after I shipped her and she's fine!

I can't believe it. I expected the worst but BQ are hardy. I am very happy! The PO seemed to have "lost" track of her after she left on Wednesday. Both buyer and myself called to track her atleast 8 times and they couldn't tell us anything. It was a nerve racking wait.

I am just happy little hen made it to her destination. One reason I would rather do pick up than shipping but sometimes that's not possible. She was going MA to MD.

T

sad.png
poor thing!

they should refund the entire shipping cost, that's what they normally do. I'm glad she made it okay, I think that's why most people ship on Mondays only. I don't know if that would have made a difference, but you never know. I bought some silkies from someone a month or so ago, and they were shipped on a Wednesday. Luckily they arrived on Saturday, cause their food was gone, nothing left but the peel of a tomato. If they had taken a day longer I'm sure they would have been dead.
hmm.png

Quote:
WONT DO ANY GOOD--- READ THE POSTAL SERVICE REGS--- NO SUCH THING AS OVERNIGHT DELIVERY GUARENTEE--- FOR OVERNIGHT THEY HAVE 3 TO 4 DAYS DEPENDING ON DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL ZIP CODES....

Quote:
WONT DO ANY GOOD--- READ THE POSTAL SERVICE REGS--- NO SUCH THING AS OVERNIGHT DELIVERY GUARENTEE--- FOR OVERNIGHT THEY HAVE 3 TO 4 DAYS DEPENDING ON DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL ZIP CODES....

They have 3 days, so the OP should be able to get a refund on the shipping. It's 3 days even with express. If it takes more than 3 days, then it's late.

3 Working Days. Postal Regs Specifically Cover This.

1st Of All Lemme Say I'm Glad It All Worked Out.
As Far As Refund I Hope You Do Get It.... Personally I Think They Should Be Sued For Every Failure--- I Cannot Fail To Perform My Job Without Getting Fired And I Dont Think They Should Be Allowed To Either. All I'm Saying Is That If You Read The Us Postal Regs--- Good Luck On Getting Any $ Refunded.

Just remember shipping birds through the USPS is a privilege that can be taken away from us at anytime, We almost lost it a few years back. Personally I wouldn't ask for a refund unless the bird is damaged or doa. The more refunds that are asked for will result in the USPS stopping the shipment of live poultry..Then what will we do?

Back
Top Bottom