Extended Neck, drooling and foul smell!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ThmsnCrttrFrm, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ThmsnCrttrFrm

ThmsnCrttrFrm New Egg

May 21, 2012
    Good evening all,

Me and my husband got home from work this evening and noticed one of our adolescent Grey Hatch Green leg roos extending his neck like maybe he had a stick stuck in it. Upon catching him and examing him, he does not have anything lodged in his throat but he's got a very bad smell coming from his mouth. I swabbed him for "gapeworm" which came up with nothing on the Q tip. After eating, he was drooling pretty bad but ran away before I could catch him again. I have attached a few pictures of him to see if anyone may know or have any suggestions as to what is wrong! He is eating so he seems fine other than this neck thing. He looks really uncomfortable.. If anyone has any suggestions or help it will be much appreciated! Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mnferalkitty

mnferalkitty Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Minnesota
    How is his crop? is it impacted and the food in the crop going bad causing the smell?

3. ThmsnCrttrFrm

ThmsnCrttrFrm New Egg

May 21, 2012
    No ma'am his crop is not full or mushy. In fact it's barely full at all?!?!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by