EXTENDED RUN

mpoland33

Songster
Mar 16, 2016
FREDERICK COUNTY MARYLAND
Hello! I have a run that is 20'x8'. I have an additional 10'x50' that isn't being used so I've though about putting in some fencing so they have more time during the day to wander. Does anyone have any pictures of something like this? How to do connect the netting for the roof and what did you use?

Is it all connected? What type of fencing, how high? Pictures would help a lot.

Last edited:
My 20x8 is connected to the coop, fenced in with hardware cloth and has it up top too, in addition to some corrugated roofing.... about 6' high or higher in some spots (on a hill). the rest I was thinking about doing something smaller, only a few feet, just for the chickens to roam. I don't need access. Maybe a small door off the side of the run to connect it and allow me to close it at night.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • ZZ.jpg
    ZZ.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
We have something like what you describe. The coop is 4x8 raised. Attached is a pretty secure covered run 8x8. I cut a chicken door on the side of the run that allowes daily access to a fenced area. It is not secure and is a risk as the property backs up to woods. There are many predators. But so far so good. Here is a picture. If you can zoom in you can see the side chicken door.

*** edit to correct fat fingered typos

Attachments

• 20190611_183034.jpg
    20190611_183034.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
We have something like what you describe. The coop is 4x8 raised. Attached is a pretty secure covered run 8x8. I cut a chicken door on the side of the run that allowes daily access to a fenced area. It is not secure and is a risk as the property backs up to woods. There are many predators. But so far so good. Here is a picture. If you can zoom in you can see the side chicken door.

*** edit to correct fat fingered typos
What did you use to cover it? Just bird netting or something? Do you have a picture of how you added the chicken door? This something just like what I'm thinking!

I set up a temporary run for them attached to their secure one via a chicken tunnel with a pop door. Its part safety fence & covered with bird netting that is zip tied or stapled to the existing fences. It's there till we have the time to get up real fence but it works well for now! Not secure enough unless were there, but they get out for a few hours every night & all day Fri-Sun.

A pic of the door too, its on a track to slide up & down.
Not exactly what your looking for but might help with inspiration!

Attachments

• IMG_0405.PNG
    IMG_0405.PNG
    6.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20190627_181429344.jpg
    IMG_20190627_181429344.jpg
    993.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom