External pips!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by A roo or two, Feb 28, 2014.

1. A roo or two

A roo or two Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    This morning we have two external pips and I heard peeping!

Oh no...I suddenly don't feel well, I better call in sick [​IMG]

2. Beanzie

Beanzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2014
    Awesome! What day are you on? I am on day 20 with fifteen eggs that I candled on day 17 to still be kicking. I haven't seen much of anything thus far. What breeds are you hatching?

3. A roo or two

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    Today at 2:30 p.m. makes 20 full days. I didn't see anything either until this morning. No internal pip, no peeps, no wiggles. I just woke up this morning to hearing them and seeing a couple wiggle and upon closer inspection I saw 4 pipped shells! This is my first time incubating so I am over the moon excited.

My girls are RSL, Dominque and EEs. My cockerel is a barred EE. That's him in my avatar.

4. Beanzie

Jan 11, 2014
    Well, hopefully some time today mine pip, but in the meantime I had better keep busy so I don't think about it.

Those will be some neat chicks, and for a first timer like me I bet you can't wait for them to wriggle on out! I am excited waiting for mine to hatch, but I also have forty-some more eggs to hatch out. Seven are my own barnyard crosses and they stick out like a sore thumb, cause they are the only browns. But this batch I am waiting on Silkies, Lakenvelders, Modern Games, and one little Barnyard cross.

5. A roo or two

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    two are here!! and there are 4 others that have externally pipped.

6. Beanzie

Jan 11, 2014
    Send those hatching vibes my way! [​IMG] I politely demand to see pictures when they hatch. Or even while they hatch. Baby chicks are baby chicks, either way. [​IMG] I have been calming myself by watching videos of hatches, some are eight hours of hatching condensed into six minutes. Not sure if it is calming me or encouraging my obsession.

7. A roo or two

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    I will get pics soon. My windows fogged up LOL. I took a couple videos on my phone as they hatched and just after. I will have to post them.

This is me right now[​IMG]

8. A roo or two

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    The fifth baby has arrived! I believe there are 4 or 5 more pips.

9. Beanzie

Jan 11, 2014
    Eeeep! I am excited for you... Not that I need to be as you have plenty of excitement yourself. ;) How many eggs did you set?

10. A roo or two

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    I set 37, 2 were clear, 3 quitters. 32 went into lock down. It's so steamed up in there I can't see how many I have for sure. I think right now I am at about 20 hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by