Extra Chicks In Connecticut Need a Good Home

PurpleChicken

Rest in Peace 1970-2018
12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Iceland
Well, I went a little nuts this year. After getting 7 chicks from http://www.lascoopdujour.com and 2 more California Whites from
a local feed store I ordered a variety pack from Meyers. The package is http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_item_dorp_all-pullet-rainbow-pack-25-chicks.htm I have too many little babies.

I bought the variety pack because I wanted a few more breeds for my flock, just not 23 more. I must admit I was fascinated by getting a box of chicks in the mail and my six year old son went along with his daddy's craziness.

I need to find good homes for at least 12 awesome chicks. They didn't tell me the breeds so it's a big guess. I'll try to take some individual pics of them. They are sexed (females), very healthy, and have been raised on Blue Seal Organic Starter, along with everything else they'll eat. (piggies).

I'm in Beacon Falls, just South of Waterbury. If interested drop me an email. I'll also be at the Chester Poutry show on 5/20 and can bring some with me. I'll be picking up 2 more silkies that day from http://www.lascoopdujour.com. If anyone want some beautiful silkies she's got some good ones.

Check out pics at http://internetoutlook.tzo.com/

Don
AKA PurpleChicken

I'd be interested in three girls, but can't pick them up until June 6. Would this work for you?
Please let me know, and how much!
Thanks!

Hi Mudhen,

I can definately hold a few for you. I've read many of your posts on BYC and am thrilled you would want a few of them. I know they'll get a great home.

Are you driving through CT on 6/6. West Viginia is a bit of a ride.
smile.png

As for cost, for you there is none. A little advice or a good chicken story would do fine.

Don

Hi Don!
As it happens, I have a little cottage in Maine, so I drive through every three or four weeks on my way to/from in the summertime (May-Sept).
It is a bit of a drive, so I usualy stop for the night at Milford, PA. Gone are the days when I could drive for 10 hours!
gig.gif

I am so glad this will work out!
clap.gif
I love having a different mix of laying hens, makes for such a colorful flock. As you probably may know, I have sixteen hens now, Millie is the oldest at 4 yrs old, then I have six 13 wks old, and nine
4 wks old.

Thank you so much, I look forward to meeting with you!

Denise

Last edited:
lacoopdujour does have some sweet birds. I have never seen so many ducks! I got my chicks from them and they are healthy and thriving excellent! erinM

If you are near Danbury, we'd love to give a few of your girls a nice new home on our farm - "surprise" chicks are our favorite for our homestead use... My best friedn's folks are headed here from Danbury on Sunday, and are definitely *crazy* enough to pick up some hitchhiking chicks!

Danbury is about 1//2 hour from here. I'd be willing to meet with them somewhere
close.

Trouble is I'm sort of "under the weather" and do not know if I'll be ok by Sunday.

Hopefully we can make this happen. The chicks are wonderful. I'll post new pics asap.

Thanks
Don

Hi Don!
Just sent you an e-mail with my cell #.
Unless they've already found a new home, if you still have a couple of extra chicks, I'll be in your area this afternoon!
Let me know, and hope to see you later!
Denise (mudhen)

Hi Mudhen!
It feels dreadfully pushy to say this - but here goes anyhow....

If there happens to still be an extra hen that needs a home, and you could fit her in your car - I would love to add one to my little flock. (If it works out that this is possible I'll help pay for your gas?) I just purchased two cochins from Lacey (arriving next week!!!) but the Amhearst Mill STILL doesn't have the birds I ordered in February....
If this is an imposition, or hassle, or just doesn't work out PLEASE do not worry about it at all! Just thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask?
Looking forward to meeting you in person at chickenstock!
:)
Marianne

No problem, peacebird! There's always room for more!!
gig.gif

I'm getting ready to take off soon, so I'll email you my cell number. Maybe you can give me a ring later on this afternoon and I'll let you know if I connected with Don.

Here's a chuckle for everyone:
Picture this...tonight when I check into my favorite little motel in Milford: one dog, one cat, and a few hens!!
lau.gif
Might just get a chance to use the little video feature on my camera!!!
gig.gif

Life is good...and fun!

Back
Top Bottom