Extra Christmas Cards for Soldiers...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HennysMom, Nov 19, 2008.

1. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:

A Recovering American Soldier
    c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
    Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

Thank you! [​IMG]

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Should we write them about being a BYCer too ?

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Walter Reed wiil not deliver mail addressed this way. This is a hoax e-mail going around. Check it out on snopes. The Red Cross has a program, but any letters or cards sent to WRAMC will be thrown away. Use the Red Cross program.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    This is what is said on the Walter Reed Army Medical Center web site:

Holiday cards should be mailed to:
    Holiday Mail for Heroes
    P.O. Box 5456
    Capitol Heights, MD. 20791-5456

All cards must be postmarked no later than Dec. 10. Cards should not be mailed or delivered to Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

For more information, visit www.wramc.amedd.army.mil or www.redcross.org/holidaymail for Holiday Mail for Heroes program guidelines.Walter Reed is not accepting mail addressed to "A Recovering American Soldier."

5. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

thanks horsejody....

normally I check snopes too... didnt think to check it on this because it was sent to me by a friend in the military.... ugh. I hate when I post something thats a "spam" email thing.

Sorry about that... thanks for providing the correct addy [​IMG]

6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    You can also go to www.anysoldier.com and send to one of the thousands of contact names on there. The contacts are deployed, get the mail first hand and see that it goes to someone needing some extra support/cheer.

7. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the redirection. It sounds like such a simple thing to do. I hope a lot more BYCers join in. [​IMG]

8. michellewalton

michellewalton New Egg

Oct 11, 2010
    This is a nice and fun idea! In the spirit of Christmas, you can really see the generosity of the BYCers who'll join in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by