Extra Large Baby Blue Eggs

Plymouth Rocks only lay brown eggs; that is one of their breed characteristics. The only breed that lays pure blue eggs (generally large in size) is the Ameraucana. Easter Eggers may occasionally lay blue eggs, but they more often lay greenish eggs.

I thought so as well that it was my other Ameriana. my other lays a beautiful light green egg, small, my Rhode Island lays a lovely medium brown egg. This is an Extra Large Baby Blue, and Americana's lay med to lg eggs, but not Extra Large. I guess I won't know who is laying it until all 4 are laying at the same time, which they have not done. Hate being so confused, because it leaves me frustrated.
Thank you for your help

Plymouth Rocks only lay brown eggs; that is one of their breed characteristics. The only breed that lays pure blue eggs (generally large in size) is the Ameraucana. Easter Eggers may occasionally lay blue eggs, but they more often lay greenish eggs.
Actually Araucanas and Cream Legbars lay blue eggs. Also McMurray hatchery's Whiting True Blue also lay blue eggs.

Actually Araucanas and Cream Legbars lay blue eggs. Also McMurray hatchery's Whiting True Blue also lay blue eggs.
Oops, I forgot about those two breeds. And I didn't know about the Whiting True Blue--thanks for the information.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom