Extra roos, yours for shipping.

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, folks! I'm stuck in bed with bronchitis, but I have a friend taking my extra roos to Garnett to go to freezer camp tonight. I thought I'd post a quick list in case someone is in need of one of them, as a few are part of a project:

French Black Copper Marans- My line is GIANT compared to other lines I've hatched. Grow much larger, faster, very friendly and lay a reasonable number of good, dark eggs. Some of these roos have eyes a bit dark, but otherwise, excellent...other than the fact that I hatched all roos this year. I sold most of my flock and hatched these for one last customer...but I kept a trio, so I'm not out of the game completely.

Gold-Laced/Isabel/Porcelain Orp Project- These are large Orps with incomplete lacing, carrying Lavender & possibly Mottled genes. I have kept the ones I liked best and had several extras. Very sweet boys with great genes, just too many,

Bantam Salmon Faverolles carrying Lavender- Just one, and he looks like a normal banty salmon fav roo- lost all of my females when a caretaker neglected to let them out this summer during the heat, and he's the lone flock survivor from my Lav. Fav. project.

Blue Copper Marans- Hatched from another breeder's stock, not French-legged, not enormous...just normal, pretty, sweet.

South American crested- These are from a stewardship that has resulted (like everything this year) in way too many roos. They are a light-bodied, crested bird with slate legs and ruddy shoulders. Very self-sufficient and great watchdogs. Prefer to live in trees.

The ship heads out this evening for freezer-camp drop-off if you have a forever home for one, EMAIL me. If you like one, you can post here so others know, but I won't get back here, necessarily. I'll hold on to roos requested and ship them at buyer's cost from zip 66044 with a $10 box fee. Feel free to ask questions.

sorry to hear your not feeling well Renee, get well soon.
hugs.gif

I'm interested in the Salmon Faverolle Bantam and would like to know the shipping cost if he is shipped to Texas. I would also like to ask if you can hold him. Please let me know ASAP and thank you.

Quote:
Great- he's yours. What's the zip where you are? You can look if I don't get back to you right away- The link is here and my zip is 66044. Between him and the box (16x9x12") it will probably be about 5or 6# on Express Shipping. That includes fruit and litter, so it's all the weight. He's ready to meet new girls after being locked up with a bunch of boys!

Quote:
Thanks! I am barking like a seal when I cough...which is constant! I look like I aged 10 years and a couple of them weren't living years....yuck.

You know how respiratory stuff can knock you on your keester pretty hard...this one sure did!!

Quote:
Great- he's yours. What's the zip where you are? You can look if I don't get back to you right away- The link is here and my zip is 66044. Between him and the box (16x9x12") it will probably be about 5or 6# on Express Shipping. That includes fruit and litter, so it's all the weight. He's ready to meet new girls after being locked up with a bunch of boys!

My zip code is 77099

Quote:

My zip code is 77099

Looks like it'll be right around $50 with the cost of the box included. Alternatively, you can have a box sent to me if there's a company or box you prefer. These cost $10. Shipping should be around $40, and I'll refund any overage of more than $5.

Quote:
Absolutely. I'll get some shots of him this evening, and I'll grant him reprieve from the sentence for now even though it sound as if you aren't positive you can take him.

Quote:
Absolutely. I'll get some shots of him this evening, and I'll grant him reprieve from the sentence for now even though it sound as if you aren't positive you can take him.

I'm positive that I want him but it may sound that way because of the shipping cost is expensive. I'll still buy him from you so if you could just hold him for me. I plan to put him to good use as a breeder and pet quality rooster. I plan to pair him up with a Silkie pullet of mine to get some Salmon Faverolle x Silkie offspring from him.

Back
Top Bottom