"Extras" WA State Porcelain & GL Cochins, Blue Orps, Sumatras, Cochins

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
I have one Porcelain D'uccle rooster for sale. About 7 weeks old. Nicely feathered, sweet and gentle. I only had three hatch (two roosters and one hen) and I don't need two roosters, so I'm selling him. Asking $15 obo

I have several Golden Laced Cochin roosters for sale. Again, I had 6 hatch and it looks like I have four roosters out of that bunch and I have two older (one year old this month) Golden Laced Cochin roosters, also for sale. $20 each obo

I also have six sumatras that just hatched out on Friday. They are not for sale yet, but I expect there will be a pair or two available in a month or so. Not sure of pricing yet.

I also have a few blue/black/splash orpingtons that are due in the next week. If all goes well, I'll have a few available in a month or so, as well. Prices will depend on what I hatch out.

I'm located in North/Central WA state but would consider traveling to meet someone for the cost of gas. Also, my parents are coming up in a few weeks from Portland, OR so they would be able to transport some on their way back.

I would also be interested in some trades. I'm looking for:

bantam sultan hens
bantam faverolles (any sex)
salmon faverolle rooster (standard)
mottled houdan (standard, any sex)

Thank you!

~Heather

Equibling,

I raise salmon faverolles (standard) and I have been looking for a new hen to add some diversity to my flock. You don't have any adult or started pullets? I would be willing to pay a fair sum for a good bird, here's a picture of my hen and rooster. Both usually end up on the table as best Continentals and have always beaten other faverolles brought to the shows in the area. I live 30 minutes south of Portland. Both birds have successfuly produced chicks this year and I am watching the chicks to see how they turn out (they're going to be a friend of mine's new laying birds).

"Marie"
Mariefull.jpg

"Louie"
Louiefull.jpg

Thanks,
-Tamsen.

Beautiful birds! Nope, sorry¡KI don¡¦t have any adults at all and I need all of the pullets I can get my hands on. ƒº I received 17 eggs from FL a few months back. I had six hatch¡Xtwo cockerels and four pullets. I lost one pullet and one rooster to the heat last week. ƒ¼ So I¡¦m now down to just one cockerel and three pullets. I¡¦m actually looking for a young cockerel and one more pullet, myself. I expect to have young birds, hatching eggs or perhaps an adult for sale next spring. But at this point, I¡¦m still building my flock.

That said do you have any young pullets or a cockerel for sale?

I emailed the lady I bought my eggs from and let her know about my poor hatch rate (most of the eggs were clear). She¡¦s sending me six more eggs for just the cost of shipping¡Xbut if I could get started birds, then I wouldn¡¦t need to go through the stress of hatching or raising up young birds. Our ¡§growing¡¨ season is not long here because it¡¦s such a short summer. We usually get snow in late September or early October¡Kso I can¡¦t hatch out anything much past early August or it won¡¦t be feathered before the snow & below zero temps hit.

That sounds just like what I am going through! I have only one rooster (the one posted) at the moment, don't really have any more room to keep one. But I can raise birds for sale. I am going to college in the fall so that will put a damper on some of my bird production.

I have been looking mainly for pullets since they can live outside and my parents don't have to manage rotating roosters. I have it down to three that I am keeping. It's hard to find faverolles that are good enough for me to keep. Maybe when I hatch more later on we can do some trading!

-Tamsen.

I'm heading off to Oregon State University with a major in Microbiology. I hope to go in for some genetics and art as well. It's only around an hour from my house so it's not that far away, but not close enough for me to take care of my show birds every day. So all my nice hens are going outside to become filthy and my three roosters will be rotated.

Back
Top Bottom