Extreme Coop Makeover

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mikeeeeeeeeee, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Yes, this is a request for help.
    Not for me, but for a single mom with 9 children.
    LTCM, which is my missions org is doing a home missions project this Saturday in Elmore County, north of Montgomery AL.

A lady who keeps 9 children (7 are foster) is in desperate need of a coop and run.
    I allready have all the money donated for materials. they will be on site and ready to go on Saturday morning.
    What I need now is help swinging hammers.

LTCM is building her a 8x8 coop and 25 x 25 run. If I get enough help, we will be done in just a few hours, and we will feed you BBQ too!

Call me - 334 514 1727
    Email me - [email protected]

Lets make this happen for a wonderful lady and children who have lost almost all their hens to dogs who broke in to her rambleshack run and coop.

2. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    This is a wonderful thing you are doing [​IMG]

3. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Mike, I will not be available for hammer swinging...but could I donate a bag of feed, a nice new waterer or feeder? Or maybe some of my BO chicks that are due to hatch this weekend?

Home missions are always dear to my heart.

Claudia

4. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Quote:Dear Claudia
    You know what you can.
    A waterer would be awesome.
    I'm making tube feeders from PVC for them.

BO Chicks might not be the ticket. I know that the lady wants to buy laying hens as soon as the coop is ready. She needs the eggs with 9 kids.

Home missions are dear to my heart too!!!!!

5. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Mike,

Then, a waterer it is. I'm going to see what I can do about arranging for a sitter on Friday evening. I can meet you at the Chicken Auction!! (hopefully) [​IMG]

If not, perhaps I can meet Vicki with it Friday.

6. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Buff Orphs are great chickens for laying eggs. They are duel purpose chickens, and really sweet. Im getting me some here soon, and I choose my chickens not only for looks and what they are good at doing, but cause I have 2 little girls of my own. I know for a fact that Buff Orphs are great for any family and for big brown eggs.

On another note, I wish I lived closer. I would love to come help if I did. I love building things and have done many coops myself over the past 10 years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by