Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
Me at wits end again.My Barr Rocker aged 2 1/2 and 3 and 1/2 yr olderst
Roam fenced 1/2 acre all day the rest of property right before dark
It started with a couple,,,
now 3 or so have it and are hanging back
I should have sent in those strange fleshy looking things in ONE older girls poo(which I posted a pic of here on this forum) a while back to vet school. but didnt,,
I had Hubby give those three .8 Tylan 100 orally.in new oral syringes..Opened a new bottle...to do so...yesterday day afternoon.
Several nites ago .even stuck some DILUTED Oregano OIL ON THE 3 legs HAD THEM BITE THE Q TIP. at roost time,, Cause I so dread "drugs"
Course it was a pain catching one we 'Drenched 'only.she is so raggedly looking from molting and is pinkisk comb and ravenous...
yeah I know its (Tylan)mostly for respirority issues but it says" "dystentry " on bottle too..
I still have that large bottle from the vet of
"SULFADIMETHOXINE" > DONT what what would be best. I HATE THEM suffering..
Unfortunately it goes in their water... Otherwise I would ask Hubby to oral syringe it to those three gals
Gave them VALZABEN week or so again. It didnt help either..
Hubby has last few days given them "The BYC Healthy Chicken Pack" again
the poo is explosive again mostly clear liquid some green some yellow. Now since molting, strewn with feathers all over the very large trays ,,I keep under their roost...and scrape and wash outside at edge of woods everyday...
The mess is getting on the floors and back wall again. So I covered the area with newspapers... the floors are floor mat covered . over plywood floors. I got rid of all wood chips months ago. It is stark inside and easier to clean
Remember the vet is out in this town...Only thing they care about is cats dogs and maybe larger animals
so what yall think about continuing the Tylan ??
Thanks all

Can you have a Fecal Flotation or Fecal Smear done on there poop once he gets back?.Also can you post a picture? @casportpony may be able to help.

What are you feeding them? Green/Yellow Poop may indicate a Bacterial or Liver Infection.

To easily fix diarrhea put about a 4th cup of apple cider vinegar into you chickens water every day for a bout a week. This will help clear their system.

If Tylan is an antibiotic... antibiotics in humans can actually cause diarrhea. And you add molting and worming... sounds like your girls are stressed from all the treatment to me. :confused:

Maybe try some fresh water and protein dense snacks like eggs, tuna, meal worms?

Don't know about the Sulfa drug, is that for cocci?

I personally wouldn't treat for anything else until having a fecal float/smear done. Even the vet that doesn't treat birds can do it.
To easily fix diarrhea put about a 4th cup of apple cider vinegar into you chickens water every day for a bout a week. This will help clear their system.
I don't now if that's true or not. But IF it is, then there is crucial info missing in your statement. Like it needs to be RAW unfiltered ACV with MOTHER in it (it has live active cultures that are probiotic). And second would be a fourth cup to how much water 1 quart, 1 gallon, 5 gallons?

Also, welcome to BYC! :frow

Green/Yellow Urine (May) indicate a liver problem.So high protein food may increase the stress on liver making the problem worse.I dont know if AVC will help with the problem either.

If Tylan is an antibiotic... antibiotics in humans can actually cause diarrhea. And you add molting and worming... sounds like your girls are stressed from all the treatment to me. :confused:

Maybe try some fresh water and protein dense snacks like eggs, tuna, meal worms?

Don't know about the Sulfa drug, is that for cocci?

I personally wouldn't treat for anything else until having a fecal float/smear done. Even the vet that doesn't treat birds can do it.

I don't now if that's true or not. But IF it is, then there is crucial info missing in your statement. Like it needs to be RAW unfiltered ACV with MOTHER in it (it has live active cultures that are probiotic). And second would be a fourth cup to how much water 1 quart, 1 gallon, 5 gallons?

Also, welcome to BYC! :frow

Yes you are correct, i forgot to add that it does need to be all natural mother vineger. And yes this is extremely great for the birds, look it up:)

Im not doing the fecals . I got the stuff to do it. But dont have anyone to help doing so.
Saved some of the poo. but its a day old
. Tylan ORALLY dosage >8.... for 2 days given orally didnt help. Hate to do it but will ask Hubby to start on the Sulfa stuff again,,,,,
Like I told yall before heck on wasted time with local vets
tried the braggs vinegar weeks ago No change....
We have no life...Like I said if I only knew what I was getting into...even tho I luv my crew.. This all is causing serious problems in our life.
I wont let him cut off their heads and disfigure them.
Noonr wants sick AND non producing non layers....

who knows what they get into.. Im constantly picking up poo in their 1/2 and even their sand dust ing areas.
they get the best feed and clean water everyday....
I thought it was from the cherry tomtoes they were finding.. But sice I see green and yellow in that running all over the poo trays its more than that. esp with them hanging back in their run or whatever
Pray for us yall please so we get out of this place

Back
Top Bottom