1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Extreme Newbie and Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pluotsmom, Feb 20, 2016.

1. pluotsmom

pluotsmom New Egg

Feb 20, 2016
    Hello BYC Community from the Pacific NW! Although I have entertained raising chickens, I am not ready to take the (what I've heard is an addictive) plunge quite yet. However, right now I am in search of advice. A friend of my mom's (in the Sacramento area) is in a difficult financial and living situation and must move from her home. She has had 3 roosters for years, they are like family to her, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that she can no longer have them in her home (looking for adequate housing in a suburban area which fits her constraints). After my 20 post minimum, I hope to use the BST Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing forum, however, to do so I need to learn a thing or two in order to ask and answer the right questions. Advice on what info to get about her roosters so that I can have a reasonable conversation with this learned community? Thank you!

2. BYC910

BYC910 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] bred age photos but you don't have to wait you can post on the state thread with pictures right away. might be someone close enough to help good luck.

3. pluotsmom

pluotsmom New Egg

Feb 20, 2016
    Thank you BYC910! I appreciate the suggestion.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. A trait that is very important in a roo is that he does not attack humans! If indeed the roos are friendly, then thats a bonus in trying to rehome them.

all the best
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope you can find homes for them

7. pluotsmom

pluotsmom New Egg

Feb 20, 2016
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the welcome and advice. :)

8. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] And you can also just welcome other members, we have many people joining every day.

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by