Extreme uncontrollable pooping

Pics

Squeak61

Songster
5 Years
May 22, 2017
Connecticut
SOS!! My paint silkie is pooping completely uncontrollably. It smells horrendous and I’m genuinely concerned for her heath. Her breathing is labored, and she overall just looks sickly. Her head is down and tucked into her shoulders, and she’s silent. A few days ago, her poo was watery with yellow in it, and she was leaking that (which is why she’s inside). Please help!!! I was gone for a few minutes, and this is what I came back to.

BE9600D0-F6A6-4336-AAC0-907B8676AEB6.jpeg

Last edited:
When you used the Safeguard, did you treat again a week to ten days after that?

If she had a heavy load of worms, and had them for a while, they may have started an intestinal inflammation that is now a raging bacterial infection.

Worms can cause diarrhea. They can cause infection. Your little Silkie may have both.

First order of treatment is to get some fluids into her. You are probably going to need to tube her. It's not hard, and it's the best way to get the necessary fluids into her. Unless she gets fluids right away, you could run the risk of losing her before morning.

She's going to need worming again, and an antibiotic. I need for @casportpony or @Eggcessive to chime in on the recommendation of the best antibiotic and dosing. A sulfa drug might be called for in this case.

Well I hope the worst of it is behind her (pun). I’ve seen some incredible unbelievable massive poops come out of my egg laying hens. She’s gotta feel better after passing that. Could be from the dewormer too. Be sure and tell your vet all the dates of the dewormer. You stated from the very first post that she’s drinking water this is very good. I’d be very curious what the vet says. We’re hoping for a full recovery. Keep us posted.

Well I hope the worst of it is behind her (pun). I’ve seen some incredible unbelievable massive poops come out of my egg laying hens. She’s gotta feel better after passing that. Could be from the dewormer too. Be sure and tell your vet all the dates of the dewormer. You stated from the very first post that she’s drinking water this is very good. I’d be very curious what the vet says. We’re hoping for a full recovery. Keep us posted.
Ok, will do. I’ll post tomorrow about an update.

Back
Top Bottom