1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Extremely heartbroken right now..

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CrazyChickens09, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CrazyChickens09

CrazyChickens09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2009
    SC Kansas
    my baby boy Spike passed away a little while ago.. he was the sole survivor from 16 shipped eggs.. I gave this baby every shot in the world to make it and I guess it just wasn't meant to be.. I love you Spikey!

2. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    I'm sorry, I know how you feel, our duckling passed away today because the mother chicken killed it.
    [​IMG]

3. kalson

kalson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Sorry for your loss. We lost one of our new chicks last night and although we had only had her for a day, I was really sad to see she had died overnight.

4. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    Same thing with us! We set 4 eggs and all of them hatched, 2 survived, 1 got killed from it's mother, and another one died last night from the cold, somehow the heater turned off.

5. kalson

kalson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2013
    Spring, TX
    We didn't buy it but there were thermometers that worked wireless and the receiver had an alarm on it you could set so it would beep if the temp started to fall to low. That's awful about what happened last night. Sorry to hear it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by