EXTREMELY RARE - Columbian Plymouth Rocks - Large Fowl - 1 dozen

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Yard full o' rocks, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Cooler weather is upon us and I am beginning to set up my breeding pens for the Fall/Winter breeding season. The Columbian Plymouth Rock in LF is among the rarest variety of the Plymouth Rock, and good ones are very difficult to find (took me over 3 years to obtain my original trio). My line is very large & hardy (a customer recently let me know that her cockerel of 7 months weighs in at over 9lbs, no small birds here!), and I’ve gotten feedback from APA judges and long-time breeders that my line is one of very few in the US that is anywhere close to SOP and I have been repeatedly told that I have the finest flock of LF Columbian Rocks in the USA.

Price is $50 per dozen, which includes shipping. Paypal or money order only please

Fertility & Hatchability has been excellent, even on shipped eggs. However, due to circumstances beyond my control, I cannot guarantee your results.

I'm offering hatching eggs before I begin hatching for myself in November. I should be able to ship 2 orders (1 dozen each) beginning the week of Oct 6. To avoid "over-breeding" of the females, I will not put a male in the pen until I have orders to fill. For that reason, available dates might change slightly

I have eggs available so shipment on the following dates (weeks). Please PM me with your order and the date you would like.

Oct 6 - SOLD

Oct 13 - SOLD
    Oct 20
    Oct 27
    Nov 3
    Nov 10
    Nov 17
    Nov 24

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. mommachickie12

mommachickie12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    hi, are these a hardy breed for hot weather or mainly cold weather? Im looking for some that can withstand hot weather. im in the south and when its hot I put fans on my chicken coops etc but sometimes even doing that with elevtrolytes doesnt help. ty

3. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    I too live in the south. I am about 50 miles NW of Atlanta, GA and we get PLENTY of hot/humid weather. My birds did well through the summer heat this year, in spite of temps that were in excess of 100F for more than 10 days. I hope that helps to answer your question, if not, please let me know

Thanks

4. mommachickie12

Jun 30, 2012
    I sent you a PM to discuss the eggs etc im looking to buy ty for your help :)

5. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    why can you not be in UK

been after some Light Sussex (CR) for a while now

6. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    OH My GOODNESS.I just looked in my Bloomsburg Fair book and saw my DS can show these birds there. I'm so eggcited I'll be sanding you a PM. YEA YEA. [​IMG]

7. mommachickie12

Jun 30, 2012
    hi, I sent you some messages reguarding the 2 dozen eggs I paid for that you said would have shipped monday the 15th.of October. I havent recieved a tracking info thru paypal or ? so I can make sure someone will be home. Im just next door in MS so it should be here by wed am post master said. since mail ran today, she said could have had it today but since it didnt show yet I assume not til tomorrow. please mesage me back as Im holding off incubator til these get here and they are almost at end of hatchability.

8. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    I received 1 PM (not some messages) from you to which I just replied.....I do not provide USPS tracking #s any longer and I do not advertise that I provide a USPS tracking # when eggs are shipped. The USPS tracking # system is a complete failure in my opinion as in most cases eggs are delivered before the first update is made to their system

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  9. mommachickie12

Jun 30, 2012
    hi, just letting you know that they came today and are now resting til am when they go in incubator. Do you have any other breeds with hatching eggs for sale or just this breed ty :)

10. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Thanks....please leave feedback for the materials you purchased.

As for other breeds, this is the only breed that I am working with at this time. I have a small group of blue laced red wyandottes, but they will not be of laying age until Spring and I only have a few to start from

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by