extremely small Silkie baby!

psycoforsilkies

Songster
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
East central Texas
ok baby about 12 hours old and very very tiny, not walking yet still weak, so it cannot make it to water by self. i have been giving it pedlyte . it is prob 1/3 the size of the others. is there any hope for this little one.it is resting comfortably right now. is thier anything else i can do for it, should i separate with just a couple chicks to keep it company.

okay i will try that. i used pedilyte because i use it for any sick chickens i have since it has electrlytes and stuff in it seems to pep them up. will try anything want this one to be ok.

Not eatting yet but just out of the bator so will try more in am. will drink when offered it so that is good. is sleeping comfy in her soap dish. have found for some reason my newborn to about week olds love to sleep in ceramic cheap soap dishes from walmart or dollar store they get warm but not burning hot so i guess it is comfy to them. I just keep offering her drink to keep her hydrated.

I had one hatch that was super small compared to the others and she is still smaller then the others. She take a few days before she was up and walking and eating. Just give it some time. Mine is a blue black splash.. She was as dark as yours. Such a cutie!!

Update, baby has made it through the night seems little stronger, still not walking but will take drinks from a syringe, have not gotten her to eat but keep trying not sure if i should try a little mushy food. Her sister who seemed to be spradle legged is getting around alot better, wasnt walking at all last night and is hoping around some and has her legs under her instead of looking like a chick plane!! So i am gonna just keep giving her water and offering food and try to get her up and moving about

well the little baby, still not walking but is a little stronger today, i finally have gotten her to take a little food, she takes the electrlyte water just fine am using a syringe. she also peeps now for the first time she does scoot around a little i have her in a tub in the brooder so she is not trampled it is big enough she can be close to the light or move away and she can do that just can get up on her legs yet. hubby wants me to cull her he thinks she cannot make it. But i have seen improvement so gonna try some more.

I'm glad to hear she's doing better.
clap.gif
I'll pray for her to make it.
fl.gif
TOOO CUTE! Good luck with the hubby.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom