Eye deformity-- anyone seen this before?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by midtownmom, Oct 30, 2016.

1. midtownmom

midtownmom New Egg

Oct 30, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Hey everyone! I work on a couple farms around the city and this past summer I brought home three of the young RIR hens from one of the farms to come live with me! I am very new to raising chickens so I've got many questions to ask all of you chicken veterans.
    One of my girls, Cress, has an eye deformity and I want to know if anyone else has had this issue or seen it before.
    She acts normal, eats and drinks with the other two...and even seems to be able to see from her funky eye. I have taken her to a vet and she told me it is something she must have been born with, but lately it seems so be getting slightly more bulgy and pink in the eye. I don't have the money to go back to the vet so I am hoping one of you could help me and just assure me that she will be okay.
    Here are a few pictures of her and her problem eye, it's not pussy or bubbly or wormy so I have no clue what it could be..I'm just worried it's going to get more bulgy and cause her pain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I have not seen an eye like that before.

-Kathy

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @midtownmom , can you post a close up of the good eye?

-Kathy

4. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by