Eye discharge and swollen ears

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by FarmerDJ, Sep 27, 2014.

1. FarmerDJ

FarmerDJ New Egg

Jul 2, 2014
    I need some help. My 10 week old lavender Ameraucana, lily, is sick. I noticed small "soap like" bubbles in both of her eyes. I removed her from the flock. I immediately started her on Tetroxy HCA. Yesterday, I began administering Terramycin to her eyes. This morning I noticed that one of her ears is swollen and the other ear is beginning to swell. There has been no diarrhea and she is still eating/ drinking. Today she is roosting more than usual. PLZ HELP!

2. HumbleHen207

HumbleHen207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2013
    Maine
    Dont panic, she may not be ill at all. I had a pet Amerecauna a few years back with a similar issue. It happened mostly when she ate or drank, sometimes it was a lot of foam, sometimes not so much. I panicked and took her to the vet, they prescribed a medicine that never did a thing. Her eyes continued to foam every time she drank. My assumption it was a defect of some sort, not an illness at all. She lived a long life, and never exhibited any other symptoms.
    However there are many things that can cause foaming that may actually be a problem, so we arent going to rule that out yet. Do you have pictures?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by