Eye Injury, please help!

Scarletpyxi

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 23, 2012
If anyone can offer me any advice I'd deeply appreciate it. Tthis happened while she was free ranging, and I know I should take her to a vet but can't afford to for two more days. I do have optical vetericin and have applied it. This picture is horrid, I will get another up ASAP. But she is opening her eye and able to focus on my husband when he moves around in front of her. If anyone has any other suggestions for care or treatment based on experience, especially for safe herbal treatments my family would be extremely appreciative for them.

Continue with the optical veterycin or some Neomycin/Polymixin/Dexamethasone drops or ointment - from the looks of that picture she has already started towards the healing process. Good luck with her.

It looks like she was trying to scratch dust that got in her eye, she keeps trying to scratch it.

If there's dust in her eye as you stated, you'll want to liberally flush her eye with saline solution. Then put an antibiotic ointment in her eye to prevent bacterial infection.

Back
Top Bottom