Eye injury

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by oreopiggy, Apr 22, 2018.

1. oreopiggy

oreopiggy In the Brooder

Sep 16, 2017
    My cat just scratched my chicken and I think he scratched the corner of her eye its bleeding a little what do I do

This is not my chicken I just needed to show were it looks like shes bleeding from shes bleeding there but the inside part thsts in her eye
    Screenshot_2018-04-22-23-37-58-1.png

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Henrybelle

Henrybelle Songster

Apr 22, 2018
    On her eyeball or just the skin near her eye?

3. oreopiggy

oreopiggy In the Brooder

Sep 16, 2017
    There's blood in her eye like on the rims of it it stopped now it looks like the cut might be on the top skin part of her eye were her eyelids are she closing it

4. Henrybelle

Henrybelle Songster

Apr 22, 2018
    I’ve read you can do a saline wash to keep it clean if there is no swelling that’s a good sign. as long as she’s eating and drinking and it doesn’t feel hot I’d say keep it clean and it should heal up fine.

5. oreopiggy

oreopiggy In the Brooder

Sep 16, 2017
    Okay thank you what is a saline wash sorry she's my first chicken

6. Henrybelle

Henrybelle Songster

Apr 22, 2018
    Maybe keep her separated if you have others and are worried she’ll be picked on the saline wash is eye wash there are specially formulated kinds for animals but I think the kind you might find you your bathroom medicine cabinet will work. again this is information I’ve come across online doing research I don’t have experience with this particular problem and I’m no vet best of luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: