Eye Injury

ken facemire

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Manchester
My rooster has gotten poked in the eyye by something or from fighting. He keeps it closed all the way. He will not open it. What do i do? he is always sitting down now.Please answer!

I don't know.
sad.png
Probebly try to keep the area around it clean? I would clean the area with cotton dipped in chamomile tea. You could even just use the teabag to squeeze tea into and around his eye. We use that for humans with pink eye. Chamomile has natural antibiotics and helps get rid of germ.

Your poor rooster is probebly in pain. I hope someone else might have an answer that can help heal the eye.

Maybe if the rooster lets you (best time would be at night while he's sleepy) you could try to open the eye to see if there is a foreign object still in there and try to take it out?

If you don't see blood or other damage or swelling - this is what I have done and it worked: put Neosporin on the eye as it is closed (although it will not hurt the bird if it does get into the eye)

If he is only closing it a lot - it could be something that will go away within a weeks time. Always watch for discharge and swelling - if these occur then you'll need to post again or contact a vet

Back
Top Bottom