Eye-lid bubble

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickengal505, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    There is a skin bubble on my supposed EE eye lid! She is a 2 month old pullet and has 4 sisters and a brother... looks like a blister in her eye lid... sorry can't post pics please help my color's booboo

2. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Any one??? PLEASE help her i've lost so many already and if i lose her i may just cull the remaing hens and rooster...

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Can you please post a pic, we could give you a better idea. Often white looking blisters on the face, eyelids and on exposed skin can be caused by Fowl Pox, which is carried by Mosquitoes....... but there are other possibilities also....

4. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I have a BR hen who I adopted and she has a bubble just behind her left eye. It has done nothing it's the same color as her face/comb/wattles. I have had her for about 3 months now and it hasn't changed shape or color. She eats well, lays well I have no idea what it is. No sneezing or shaking of head, idk if she had that all her life or not. The people I got her from hadn't noticed it, I guess. They seemed surprised when I asked them about it. I hope it is benign like my hens! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by