Eye Pecked, Inner Lid Torn (Photos)

chalidobrenz

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Help.. :(
I just reintroduced my sickling back into the flock after only a week of being separated, and they pecked her eye. Luckily, it just caught the inner corner of her eye, but there is like a membranous tissue hanging down, and I know it is hurting her. She is staying fluffed up with eyes closed and isn't interested in eating much. :( any advice on what to do? I have been giving her some medicine for inflammation and pain, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. She is losing weight and is just sort of sad looking, and it doesn't help as she was just starting to get better from her previous GI block. What should I dooooo? I've slent about a billion dollars on this little bird from her last episode, and I'd really hate for something this seemingly little to be the reaper.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Anyone? Sprayed with vetericyn, still has eye shut and uninterested in doing anything but keep her eye shut. Got her to eat oatmeal, but her eye is really hurting her. :(

Vetericyn Eye Gel or Terramycin Ointment applied to the eye twice a day may help. I can't see too much in the pictures, but the nictitating membrane or 3rd eyelid may be injured. Polish chicks have a hard time getting heads and eyes pecked. My Polish girl has a blinded eye from a peck wound.

Thanks! It's definitly her third eyelid that is torn. Vet said she'd need to have it removed. Poor bird. She goes in tomorrow at 8. :/

Back
Top Bottom