eye pecked

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by arkansas55, Aug 25, 2014.

1. arkansas55

arkansas55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2014
    arkansas
    so miss pecks alot got buzzard in the eye last night,buzzard is a rir who is so sweet and timid,she's last in the pecking order,anyhoo,bless her heart,she couldn't open it this morn,but she's slowly got it opend a bit,from what i can tell it's not running,does she need any medicine? miss peck's alot is in chicki jail as Mountain Peep's advized last night,sadly she got buzzard before we could seperate her,any advice would be great,thank's!

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You can get antibiotic ophthalmic ointment from most feed stores for maybe $10 a tube. A litte of ths at the edge of her eye (so it will work its way over they eyeball) would probably be a good idea. Good luck!

3. arkansas55

Aug 23, 2014
    arkansas
    thank you Judy,i will get some ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also thank you for replying so quickly[​IMG]

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  5. arkansas55

Aug 23, 2014
    arkansas
    wow,thank you Eggcessive,hope i spelled it correctly,i have a new box of the neosporin,so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the best flock family!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

6. arkansas55

Aug 23, 2014
    arkansas
    update on buzzard,she is still one eyed,it wont open,will continue the neo,then to vet if it gets worse,it seems to be swollen some,shes eating but not foraging,just laying in the shade napping as for now,will recheck before coop time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by