Eye Problem In Silkie Chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JustAChickenLittle&More, Jun 25, 2011.

1. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Advice please!

Pulled an 8 week old Silkie chick out because i found it with an eye infection. Little bump of yellow pus right on the eye ball. At first I thought the eye was coming out and I was afraid to even clean it. After cleaning, the eye looked fine behind the pus ball that was directly inside the eye. What can I put on it now, if anything? Since I cleaned it, it don't look bad but I kept it inside with the smaller babies, and it and the babies are doing well. ShouldI just keep it clean? [​IMG]

2. zozobraswife

zozobraswife Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    My daughter swears by Little Noses saline spray. You can find it at Wal-Mart near the children's fever and cold medicines. Keeping the eyes irrigated is probably the best plan. Just spray it right in the eye. If you can get hold of antibiotic eye drops, I'd try that too.

Twin City Poultry Supply (http://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/) is a great resource. Good people. They send you several nice printouts with your order that convert the doses down to manageable numbers. I don't need to treat 1,000 birds. I usually only need to treat one.

3. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks Zozo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by