Eye Problem....No discharge

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by luvmymillies, Feb 23, 2012.

1. luvmymillies

luvmymillies Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    Davidson, NC
    Chicken is eating and drinking fine. No legarthic symtoms. At first I thought the chicken had lost its eye.
    It has lost all its feathers around the eye. There was no opening, but no blood either. Chicken is a cross between a game hen and polish rooster. Age of chicken is between 8 months and 1 year. After reading all forums on eye problems, I have since wormed with Wazine first, then with Safeguard. I have also used teramycin on it. J\Since using the teramycin the eye has started to open. However there have been no improvements for 1 1/2 weeks. I am looking for help from any of you. I am hoping the pics will show below.
    Now with that said. I have her sister as well and I different eye problem occurred several months ago. A hard cyst-like knot formed under her eye. I tried the teramycin with no results. I then tried lancing but could not get deep enough to get anything out. The knot gets larger and then smaller on its own. Chicken eats and drinks just fine. Behavior is normal. So I have not messed with it anymore. It makes me wander does this cross breed just have eye problems???? I am trying to attach pictures of her also. [​IMG][​IMG]

below is her sister with the cyst:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. luvmymillies

luvmymillies Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    Davidson, NC
    Is there anyone out there that can help me with either chicken?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by