Eye swollen

symrae

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 19, 2016
My cochen hen has one eye swollen shut and I'm not sure what to do for it. Any suggestions?

Can you post any pictures? Is there any bubbles or gunk in the eye, and is the eye intact? Most people would flush the eye with saline, and apply either Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store, or plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day. Vetericyn eye wash is also an alternative.

Has there been any nasal drainage, sneezing, or labored breathing, which might be a symptom of a respiratory sinus disease? MG or coryza are common ones. A peck to the eye or getting debris in the eye might also cause that.

Well,
Last night I was putting up my girls and noticed Speckles had a swollen eye.’too late
in the day for meds,’so I went into my medicine cabinet,
Got my neosporon ointment and my soveriegn
Silver gel, went out, wrapped her legs and wings in a towel,’put the silver on first,’then coated around the eye with the neosporon.
I could NOT see her eyeball. Repeated this morning, I could already tell a
Difference. Did a treatment about an hour ago and her eye is 1/2 opened!!! Her eyeball if FINE!! I am thrilled!! I will attach her pocture
From
Last night. They are
Already put away for the night or I would take another one! Swelling is also lessend!!

Attachments

• 0C919034-1E22-46FA-9E8E-28E6DB001FBB.jpeg
    0C919034-1E22-46FA-9E8E-28E6DB001FBB.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 5
  • FCA3D305-8F1F-48C6-A374-795315F7577E.jpeg
    FCA3D305-8F1F-48C6-A374-795315F7577E.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 5
I'm having the same problem... but it doesn't look really swollen it just looks like her eye is just shut like she's sleeping but the other eye wide open. Will try cleaning it and putting cream on it?

I'm having the same problem... but it doesn't look really swollen it just looks like her eye is just shut like she's sleeping but the other eye wide open. Will try cleaning it and putting cream on it?
The swelling completely is gone within 4 days. She actually had a small cut at the top of her eye. She’s all
Better. Good luck. Both treatments sure couldn’t hurt her

Back
Top Bottom