Eyes bigger than stomach...*GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by halo, Oct 9, 2009.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I said GRAPHIC....I warned you...

So I went out to the pen that has some hens and my guinea keets to get the eggs; I look over to see this:

[​IMG]

I saw him earlier this year, he was much smaller, and I left him alone since I was very sure he was getting mice...I am mice-less. So he had already killed this guinea keet, so I just watched him...trying and trying and trying....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He finally gave it up and slithered back under the slab. I dont even know how he could have even thought for a second he could swallow this keet. The keets are small, but he's much smaller.

[​IMG]

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe his mama raised him with the motto: "if there is a will, there is a way!" Sorry you lost that keat, dang it!

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    stupid snake

poor little keet [​IMG]

4. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! [​IMG]:oops: He would have to go, I don't care much for snakes. The little garden and gopher snakes I leave alone, he would have to go at my house!!!! [​IMG]

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Its a red rat, which are really good to have around. As I said, I have no mice at all, and I havent seen him all summer. I wouldnt mind half as much if he could have actually eaten the keet.

6. Melty

Melty Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2009
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    Oh wow I was not expecting that! [​IMG] What a silly snake! Wasting food like that [​IMG] Sooo glad NZ doesnt have snakes!

7. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    you should have taken a pic of the keet. The appearance of the neck in a swallow attempt is pretty diagnostic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by