1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

EZ 131 plucker

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by walkonwatereh, Nov 6, 2015.

1. walkonwatereh

walkonwatereh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2015
  2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    They look nice..never used those before

3. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    That's a great price. I agree completely, why bother building one unless you grow turkey?

Seems like it would work like a charm. The only thing I couldn't figure out is how feathers are going out the discharge chute. Thinking only water is and you'd be using your hand to pull out the feathers.

4. Rod-T

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Feathers probably get washed down with water to chute.
    Look on YouTube they got a guy did it with a washing machine. .had a plate in there feathers would get washed underneath plate.. after 10 bird he would lift plate and remove feathers..

5. BBQJOE

BBQJOE Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never seen a plucker before. You tube video looks like it might just tenderize it too. [​IMG]

6. Rod-T

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Ya looks like just a plate and rubber fingers and a old washing machine would be all it would cost you... I've never processed yet.. been thinking about it.. there's a guy over by me that teaches a class on it.. I was thinking about taking it. I like to hatch chicks.. but can't seem to get rid of all the cockerels. So it makes sense to try to learn this..

7. BBQJOE

It's a shame too, I just gutted an old washing machine for the drum.

8. BBQJOE

I wonder if one couldn't just scald, and blast the feathers off with a power washer?

9. Rod-T

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Probably not good enough. Then you would have feathers everywhere . But keep a look out on Craigslist. .you can even put a wanted post there for one..I'm sure one would turn up.

10. BBQJOE

I have one. It'll take the white off of rice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by