EZ Cracker and Threats on My Person From My Wife

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joebryant, Aug 5, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I was watching TV when an ad for the EZ Cracker (for eggs) was shown. All I said to my wife was that I was going to get one for her. She said that if I did, she would crack my head with it. Is that any way for a wife to talk to or show her gratitude for her husband's good intentions. I feel like I innocently added one more paver to the road to Hell.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Hurrumpph! Is she related to my husband? I offered to get him a quail egg cutter since he complains about how hard it is to avoid getting shell pieces in the eggs. He had the same response as your wife [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ooh poor Joe...
    You poor abused husband. How could she say that you you? You of all men...
    I dont think she appreciates the wonder that she has in you.
    Poor misguided Anne... *tisk tisk*

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like my MIL... FIL learned REAL quick not to get her ANY kind of household ANYthing for her b-day, anny, or Christmas... cut flowers that last a few days are MUCH better received. Actually my Sis, SIL, Mom are all that way too...

I don't get it at all. I'd much rather have... say a dehydrator (like I handed DH and said "You're getting me this for our Anny" a few weeks back) that I can use for years, and use to make things that others will enjoy (which makes me feel good) so it's a gift that keeps on giving... I've asked for/gotten lamps, food processor, blender, deep fryer... etc for b-day/anny/Christmas for years...

But evidently I'm in the vast minority with that attitude.

5. joebryant

Quote:Thanks, redhen, it's not easy, but my being the saint that I am keeps me going. Some guys have all the luck; their wives don't understand them.

6. joebryant

Quote:Thanks, Wifezilla, there's surely a place in Heaven for the two of us.

7. PineappleMama

Oh I'm fluent in PineapplePapa ... though when he started taking his required class for his degree it was all (ancient) Greek to me. [​IMG]

Can you tell I've been waiting MONTHS to get to say that line or what?

8. joebryant

Quote:Thanks for support, PineappleMama. I read your message to Anne, and she said (strike that) YELLED, "PLEASE DON'T COMPARE AN EZ CRACKER TO A DEHYDRATOR!" See what I live with? Sighhhhh...

9. PineappleMama

Hmmm okay... well how about a pasta machine... or my egg slicer (stocking stuffer)... or my pizelle iron... or my coffee machine... or the George Foreman Grill... or the Steamer... or the Sandwich Maker... or the Waffle Iron... or the Nut Cracking/Picking set...

All gifts from various B-days, Annys, Christmases from DH and his folks... My mom mostly does gift certs or cash... so no worries about her gift going unused (like the sandwich maker, the steamer -really small basket)

It's an attitude thing... MIL would hurt FIL if he gave her anything not... ahhh girly? Bathrobes are okay, bath towels are not... it's a very fine line... Mom's the same, though divorced now, she expected jewelry and/or her fav perfume for every gift giving occasion.

I think with MIL it's an identity thing... she doesn't want "The Man I Love" to see her as just a maid... so don't give her a gift that you'd give a maid/other employee... that's just a theory on my part... but some comments she's made over the years...

But, that's not an issue with us... I can be covered in flour and beating the snot out of some bread dough in my transformers jammy pants and a huge T-shirt and DH is thinking "Mmmmm"... and not at the bread... so him giving me a dehydrator isn't going to send "the wrong idea" 'cuz the right one's in there all the time. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  10. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    See now my husband said he was going to get me one of those a month ago and I asked him when it was coming in.
    Still waiting. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by