1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ezra, The Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Rooster Is Looking For Love

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by SweetWilliam, Feb 2, 2014.

1. SweetWilliam

SweetWilliam Out Of The Brooder

Meet Ezra, the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte roo from Bellvue, Colorado. I'm told he is a good example and would make a nice addition to a breeding program. He's got nice Andalusian lacing, contrasting black hackles and a very shiny, dark russet saddle. I can't seem to get a picture that does him justice. He's quite calm for his gender and age and has good instincts about overhead predators.

I've had absolutely no health problems with my robust [​IMG]

flock and they've been on organic feed and free-range as weather permits.

I'm too tenderhearted to butcher anybody so I'm keeping my duds and offering Ezra as a nice addition to a breeding program. He's free to a good home for that purpose. Sorry, I can't ship him.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sl113090

sl113090 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2014
    Goshen IN
    IF I PAID FOR SHIPPING WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO? I LIVE I GOSHEN IN

3. SweetWilliam

SweetWilliam Out Of The Brooder

Hi,

Unfortunately, the other two roosters were becoming too aggressive toward Ezra and each other. I've had to butcher the other two roosters, one for humane reasons due to trauma from fighting, on an emergency basis yesterday. Took the fun right out of things for me, as I get too attached. Ezra is our only guy now for 17 hens and beginning to enjoy life, so we'll keep him. No more baby chicks for me.

Thanks for your interest. I should have posted this yesterday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by