F/S Button quail eggs

jkcove08

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Iowa
Hey all, I have some button quail that have reached adulthood and they are popping out the eggs..LOL I have 9 hens with 3 little boys and some of the eggs that I have broke open have the wonderful little bullseye showing that the boys are doing thier jobs.. I am currently getting atleast 5 a day and am sure that there will be a couple more as the days pass. I will collect Friday through Sunday and ship them out first thing Monday morning. They are such a joy to watch and actually listen to. I didnt know it but they actually do a little growl type sound along with thier pretty little call. They are not very noisy at all though, it only happens once in a while unlike your other cage birds. Everything gathered for 3 days will be $10.00 including shipping. I cant gaurentee the hatch but they are looking good. I dont have room for any more or I would be hatching them myself. Here are a few pics. I have many different colors from splash to grey to white to blue. One of the boys resembles the red breasted blue front. Thanks Jenn
009-6.jpg

010-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-9.jpg

005-2.jpg

those are the cutest things. i saw them for the first time at a sale this weekend and couldn't believe how small they were!

cute cute cute!~!

michele

They are a lot of fun to hatch and we keep them in my sons room and he watches them all the time. They are just like a parakeet or other cage bird. My hubby just shakes his head since they are even to small to make a chicken nugget for eating..lol I love listening to them when they make all of their different calls. They are quiet most of the time but once in a while they will start calling for a minute or less and then quiet again. If you live in southern states they can be kept in outside cages but if it gets colder then around 50 they would need a heat lamp. They are quite comical to watch when they start running around. They can also be tamed pretty easily but they do fly and pretty good for thier little bodies. Jenn

Back
Top Bottom