Faaaaaarm Livin is the life for me!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by O.Wendell Douglas, Apr 2, 2011.

1. O.Wendell Douglas

O.Wendell Douglas Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    New to the forum, always loved the site. We're on a hobby farm in KANSAS. We just ordered our chicks. ((frightened))

We managed to keep a goat alive for a year, now two pigs, and of course a cadre of dogs and cats (these are the reason we are frightened--keeping chicks out of the cats and dogs!)

We are building an A-Frame coop, also from a swing set. I'll post pics over there sometime.

Looking forward to being onboard with you all!

2. Barbara Kolohe

Barbara Kolohe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    Sounds sweet! Im a newbie too! Tons of info on this site.
    Youre so lucky to have a goat!!! I spent 1k on goat things and have no goats to show for it. The nubians I was about to buy :(were stolen.
    Hopefully I will have some at some point. Welcome!

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] from a very soggy Western Washington State. I have 5 cats, and a pack of Yorkies. I have to watch one of the Yorkies and a rescue Aussie terrier, because they both have high prey drives. But I have yet to have any problems with the cats. All my cats are feral rescues. I just keep them well fed. I still find dead rodents around though.

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas a cat will usally not hurt a full grown hen. The dogs start training right away and never leave dogs alone with the chickens. With my cats when I had the chicks inside they never even looked at them not once. I have 5 dogs that are great with my chickens and 1 that has a high prey drive. So if she is outside the chickens are locked up if the chickens are out she is locked up. Working with her right now but I don't some dogs are great others not so great. Good Luck.

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

9. gardner11

gardner11 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    Good morning from Conroe, Texas. We are getting up with the chicken's ourselves : )[​IMG] When will you have chicken's? We have 6 bantam's, 3 EE, and 1 honory pullet of unknown breed. We have 5 dogs, 3 cats, and 4 humans lol!!!!! wwwwweeeellllccccooommmeeeeeee

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by