Fabric shopping

newchickgal

Songster
10 Years
Nov 17, 2009
Republic of Panama
Just had to tell you that today I got to go to one of my favorite places, the fabric store! I bought material to make curtains for the living room (2 big windows) , the kitchen, dining room and also our office/computer room. I'm in sewing heaven!!! All that material, which included material for the linings and also got thread, it came to less $$ than we thought it would (my DH was happy about that). Can't wait to get started on it tomorrow.

Oh and one more thing...the material for the kitchen window has (of course) roosters on it.
love.gif

I always tell my husband that I was overcome with fumes from the chemicals that they put in fabric to preserve it whenever I spend more than I should have. He doesn't believe me...or does he??? hehehe

I would have come with you today. I
love.gif
fabric shopping. Can you imagine how much trouble that we all could get into together.
lau.gif
I can be a fabric enabler, almost as fast as being a chicken enabler.
gig.gif

P.S pictures when done.

My husband has no clue how much fabric can cost. Even though I buy it on sale, it adds up fast.

But I keep him in ignorance and he thinks I have an inexpensive little hobby.
tongue.png

Quote:
I will post photos of the finished curtains. I'm starting with the living room since the sun comes in there in late afternoon and we have to hang some towels in the window just to watch the 5pm news!
barnie.gif

Quote:
One of the many pluses of living in the Republic of Panama is the low cost of fabric. Cotton starts at $1. a yard. The most I paid yesterday for some really nice fabric was less than $4. a yard. I always check out the prices at Hancock Fabrics when I go to visit my mom in Northern California, ouch! So come on down and we'll hit my favorite fabric store.
celebrate.gif

My husband has no clue how much fabric can cost. Even though I buy it on sale, it adds up fast.

But I keep him in ignorance and he thinks I have an inexpensive little hobby.

mine is the same. i make him think its all swaps. lol :cool :
hide.gif
lau.gif
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom